Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes & Food (my kind of Sunday)

*(same foods from my last post....lol!)

OMG.....

ItheGoldenGlobes!!

I love to see all the fashion, I love to see all of the nominated actors or actresses, I love it!! 

The Host of the evening was Ricky Gervais.....this was his second year doing it.

Gervais had tons to say as the night progressed, poking fun at Hugh Hefner, Charlie Sheen, Cher, Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, Scientologists and Robert Downey Jr., among others. My fave was when he said Bruce Willis was Ashton Kutcher's dad....lol!

"The Social Network" won top honors at the Golden Globes. Winning best drama and director, probably making it a Academy Awards favorite.

Winning the award for actor/actress in a lead role was Colin Firth for "The King's Speech" and Natalie Portman for "Black Swan."   I personally have not seen The Kings speech, Colin is an awesome actor so I can't wait to see that.  I did see Black  Swan....this movie was Amazing and intense and Beautifully done.   Natalie deserved this award...and I can say she will probably win the Academy Award for this movie too!! 

Lead-acting honors for the Globes' musical or comedy categories went to Annette Bening for the lesbian-family story "The Kids Are All Right" and Paul Giamatti for the "Barney's Version."  I have yet to see these.


The boxing drama "The Fighter" earned both supporting actor Globes, for Christian Bale <--- this dude is fierce and Melissa Leo.

David Fincher, directing winner for "The Social Network,"   I know I'm late, but I haven't seen this one either!

Portman thanked the film's choreographer, her fiance Benjamin Millepied, with whom she's expecting a child. (Congrats)  He also appears in the movie, and his character doesn't want to sleep with hers.
"He's the best actor! It's not true, he totally wants to sleep with me," Portman said, giggling.  (tmi)  we know he wanted you....you two are having a baby...lol!!

Among TV winners, "Glee" won three prizes, best comedy and supporting-acting prizes for Jane Lynch and Chris Colfer. "Boardwalk Empire" won two prizes, for best drama and dramatic actor for Steve Buscemi.  I love, love, love Boardwalk Empire.....well deserved win for Steve Buscemi.

Annette Bening won the musical or comedy actress prize in a field that included "The Kids Are All Right" co-star Julianne Moore. The film stars Bening and Moore as a couple whose family falls into turmoil after their teen children seek out the sperm donor that fathered them.
"I'm very proud to be a part of this very special film about two women who are deeply in love and try to keep their family together," Bening said. "My partner, Julianne Moore, I have to thank first. She asked me to do the picture with her. She made it possible for us to shoot it where we shot it, when we did, so Julianne -- you are a class act, thank you."     I have yet to see this one too....it looks amazing!  Julianne and Annette are two beautiful and classic women in the film industry.


Robert De Niro received the Cecil B. DeMille Award for career achievement. I'm not sure about his acceptance speech...we'll see if anyone says anything about that!


Over all it was a great show....even if I did only get to see Robert Pattinson, for like 3 seconds....he was handsome!  There were a lot of other movies and show that won but it's too many to name!!

Can't wait for the Academy Awards.....I hope to someday go and maybe accept an award!!  One day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.