Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mod-Podge tea-light candle holders

Yup.....more mod-podge!!  It's like a mod-podge party in my house!! ☺ 
These are easy to make candle holders.  I'm using the 3 hooping jars that I found at HobbyLobby during my "FridayFinds".  So make some and join the mod-podge party! I'd like to see what you make.






Here's what I used:
toile print tissue paper/any design or pattern you wish to use
mod-podge/foambrush
glass jars/containers
tea-light candles
scissors


I used this cute printed tissue paper.  For these small jars I cut about 8 inch  x 5 inch pieces.  I cut out the scenes where it had the people.  This printed tissue had (3) different couples doing something. 

After cutting the pieces of tissue, take the jar and apply some mod-podge.  Apply on a small area.

I then applied the tissue to the area that had the glue.  Make sure the pic is centered and straight.  I used the pictures of the couples as my guide. 

Apply more mod-podge and work the tissue on very carefully.  If not it will tear...Yes, I had 2 small tears!! lol!

Once my sides were overlapped.  Use the foam brush to push down the bottom, it will naturally fold.  Or apply the mod-podge, then dip your finger in water and smooth out the folds.

Still holding the jar, apply mod-podge all around.  Do not apply any to the part that is past the top.



Take the scissors and trim off the excess.  I cut to where there was just enough to fold over the edge...you can eyeball it here.  If you want to cut to the very edge that's fine.

Using the foam brush I just pushed it over the edge, since the brush still has glue on it, it seals it but you can add more if you'd like.

So from boring and clear to:








Here they are on the mantle!!




See.....easy!!  Hope you enjoyed this little project.

17 comments:

  1. I've never Mod Podged before, but I have been wanting to! These turned out very cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mod podge sitting in my closet, unopened, such a crime! Now I know what I can do with my rainy weekend :)
    And, Im a new follower!
    Thanks for the idea!
    Katie
    Punkin' Heads and Dooda Loo's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg.... once you start you can't stop! You will think of everything to mod-podge!

    Whattt! Unopened mod-podge "is" a crime, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! I have tons of t-light candle holders that I could really transform into something beautiful. Thanks for the idea. Link up your craft at my new link party -- Coffee & Conversation Thursday. http://www.withashotofbrandy.com/posts/coffee-conversation-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out great; I love all your directions and pictures.

    I'm your newest GFC follower. I would love it if you would follow me back!

    Thanks!

    Traci
    http://istinkatcouponing.dyndns-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative! Looks good! I saw your Blog on the Blog Hop and I am happy to become a Follower. Take care and have a good weekend.
    Judy from Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
  7. CREATIVE!!! I love me some mod-podge too!!! I mostly do wood or notebooks...never thoought to use glass =)
    following from Sunday Funday Hippidy Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! We are featuring them today at the party. Do grab a button if you fancy so. Have a lovely weekend!


    hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this easy craft! Very creative! I'm a new follower! Be sure to check my blahg out! I'm also a fellow Houstonian that lives in a suburb outta the main city limits lol Stay cool out there! :D

    Amber
    http://thenewlywedramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project and I love the toile tissue - where did you find that? I'm featuring this at today's Craftastic Monday party, stop by & grab Featured On button. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very clever and pretty! LOVE these

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute...and it looks really easy. Thanks for sharing at my Delight Me party. I look forward to seeing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These came out sooo pretty! I cant believe it!!

    -Barbie
    http://lovinlifebarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Yvonne! It's voting time for our finest linked-up project for the month of august and you are one of our finalists. The votation round will run for a whole week and the winner will be announced next sunday.

    Feel free to share.

    http://www.to-sew-with-love.com/2011/09/vote-for-tswls-finest-of-august-2011.html


    Have a lovely sunday!



    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, it's so beautiful! I love that tissue paper! :)

    Saw your post from Handmade Tuesday link party. I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent article. I am experiencing a few of these
    issues as well..
    Also visit my site : hier

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.